Some things you know, some things you may have missed and "Inside Our Own Head:"
Some things you know:
- SI.com lists Notre Dame as the story that has already been written -- but says that it'll set the Irish up for a run at the national title in 2008.
- Your semi-daily Brady: Scout.com's Rich Passan -- father of Insights friend Jeff and a former fixture in the newspaper and on the radio in Cleveland -- thinks Brady Quinn should start even though Phil Savage says he's not in the mix for the first game.
Some things you may have missed:
- Bad news for Mike Richardson: The former Notre Dame cornerback has a hand injury and was placed on injured reserve -- ending his season.
- NBCSports.com writer and blogger John Walters listed his 30 most important players for the 2007 Notre Dame season. No. 1? Punter Geoff Price. We'd be inclined to agree...although we'd say Travis Thomas might be good in that slot, too.
"Inside Our Own Head:"
- This is more of a note for those of you in South Bend or on campus at Notre Dame. There is a screening Wednesday of "Tradition Never Graduates: A Season Inside Notre Dame Football," at 9 p.m. at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
- Many of you have seen the depth chart already. We can't say we're surprised by the movement of Darrin Walls to starting cornerback. Scheme aside, Notre Dame had to make a change somewhere in its secondary to add more speed and just to give someone else a shot after two years. Yes, David Bruton is new but the Irish needed more of a shakeup and Tom Zbikowski and Terrail Lambert weren't going anywhere. It's a tough break for Ambrose Wooden, who came back for a fifth year, but we would be surprised if Walls, barring injury, doesn't start every game this year.
-By Michael Rothstein of The Journal Gazette