I'm on vacation right now, but fear not -- I wouldn't leave you without a topic to ponder.
Today, I give you the list of the best Komets players of the past nine seasons. (That encompasses all of the Komets time at the AA level of hockey.) No particular criteria here. Some were picked because of skills showed over long periods of time, others over short periods of time. Some were great leaders. Some great agitators.
10) Kevin St. Pierre -- All the guy did was win. Well, except a championship.
9) Frederic Bouchard -- Maybe not reliable defensively, but he was an offensive dynamo from the blue line.
8) Michel Massie -- Great leadership, good agitator, decent scorer, and he gave it his all every shift.
7) Bobby Stewart -- Streaky, but he was an offensive machine.
6) Luciano Aquino -- Almost every shift, he makes an impact.
5) Sean Venedam -- Whether at center or wing, he was money.
4) Kelly Perrault -- A great scoring defenseman, who didn't get enough credit for his defense.
3) Guy Dupuis -- Summed up in one word: Reliable.
2) Keli Corpse -- Had the ability to take over games on his own.
1) Colin Chaulk -- Longevity, leadership and, most of all, production.
Honorable mentions: Jonathan Goodwin, Konstantin Shafranov, Doug Teskey, Brent Gretzky, David-Alexandre Beauregard, Tom Lawson, Nick Boucher, Dustin Virag, Dave Lemay, P.C. Drouin, Justin Hodgman, Mathieu Curadeau, Kevin Schmidt, Jim Logan, Troy Neumeier, Jason Goulet, Kelly Hurd, Bruce Richardson, David Hukalo
-- By Justin A. Cohn, The Journal Gazette