Justin A. Cohn


About Ice Chips

  • Justin A. Cohn, pro sports coordinator for The Journal Gazette, has been covering the Fort Wayne Komets since 1997. His reporting includes game stories from home and away, features about the players and personalities associated with the Komets, plus coverage of issues affecting hockey at all levels. A native of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., Cohn graduated from Emory University in Atlanta. He can be reached at 260-461-8429 or by email at jcohn@jg.net.

Komets Korner

« Back and forth | Main | And the lead gets bigger »

February 24, 2008

Comments

David

THey should be the better team, Kzoo is skating with a short bench...

Andy

Jusin, off topic but if you need an idea for a poll, I am very interested in who everyone thinks the best defender is on the team (other than Guy cause I would say he is a sound bet to win that)

topshelf

I have never heard of Clipping in Hockey.

mightbite

King-Kong HENLEY would win that!!!I really miss thebeatenhorse. We got Jared back - now what can we do to get thebeatenhorse back? BUCKOS.

kyle hunt

Sounds like it rhymes with HIPPING.

kyle hunt

Graber SUCKS!

Hit Somebody!!!

Hawthorne's long lost amish brother.

Danny

Wow. My sister just called from the Kzoo game and she said that Ks fans and Kzoo fans were fighting at the end. Ushers getting involved in everything. Crazy stuff. I'm assuming she meant verbal fighting, but I guess we'll find out from those who went to the game.

Hit Somebody!!!

27 penalties.

Hit Somebody!!!

Graber whistled 32 the last game he did here in Fort Wayne. Gotta love the flow to those games.

David

So who did Henley cross check to get a major? He may be sitting a while

Brandon

It was his good buddy Willy

Hit Somebody!!!

Hey David, I missed the Henley penalty, make that 29 penalties in all.

Ryne Gurney

I was at the game and didn't see or hear anybody fighting, great game though Kalamazoo has a nice little arena.

Jerad Shaw

I was at the game and had a run in with about 6 people in the bar after the game. They were drunk and looking for a fight. There was also alot of ignorance from a lady and a guy in section 3 above me. 95% of the people I have ever met in KZOO are very nice, but tonight I met the other 5% I believe.

dropthepuckalready

We were sitting down near the ice in section 23 and a couple of fans started going at it. I know at least one was a Kzoo fan because after the Henley call he ran down to the Komets glass and pounded on it super hard which really ticked off a lady sitting there. She started yelling at him, then some guy took up for her and he argued argued with the other guy nose to nose for a few. Then some others got into it and the ushers stepped in.
The highlight for me was the Kzoo fan two rows behind us yelling "Real Class" about 25 times. Apparently that was the only word he knew. While it was funny, I just don't understand why people get so worked up over a hockey game. No one was going to live or die because of the outcome of the game. There were a lot of cheap shots taken by both teams and that happens almost every game, get over it. No need to bust a blood vessel, or try to go fight in the parking lot. Wonder how those people will feel in the morning once they thought about how they acted. There were alot of kids sitting around us too, good role model material huh?

Jerad Shaw

Here is a role model for ya!! A bunch of Kzoo fans came down and apoligize for how a couple fans acted. They showed alot of class. Then the last guy to come down brings his little 1 yr old boy. Holds up his little boys middle finger at my buddy. There were also about 5 girls to my right that ranged in ages 4-9 just carrying on about how we "suck." They went on for at least a good 10 minutes with 2 ladies that were with them just egging them on. I was happy to get out of there. I won't sit in section 3 again. I love getting hassled, but section 8 and 9 there are full of fun people that I would rather be razzed by.

The comments to this entry are closed.